The College of Science boasts a long legacy of leadership and innovation that extends beyond its classrooms and labs. While we are proud of our history, we are excited by our present and eager to impact our future.
Donors Are the Difference
State and federal revenues represent a mere fraction of the support Texas A&M University requires to provide successful programs in education, research, and service—programs designed to meet real needs in society. Donors are the difference in enabling our faculty and students to leave their global mark in productive and inventive ways while ensuring a brighter future for Texas A&M.
NEW! Online Giving!
Want to make an immediate impact and designate the terms, from area and program of support to amount and frequency? Consider an online gift through the Texas A&M Foundation.
Spirit and Mind
Vision 2020, faculty reinvestment, and other progressive programs have put the entire University on a path toward greatness even as they have elevated the bar necessary to attract it. More so than ever before, our facilities must be state-of-the art and faculty among the best in their fields. Exceptional programs, facilities, and opportunities help to attract and retain exceptional faculty, who, in turn, attract the best graduate and undergraduate students.
Your gift can help us to enhance our excellence in the following four areas:
- Student : Support graduate and undergraduates through fellowships, President's Endowed Scholarships, Endowed Opportunity Awards, or Foundation Excellence Awards.
- Faculty : Top-notch faculty members attract not only other superb professors but also the best quality students. Invest in the potential of one and affect the lives of thousands.
- College : An endowed discretionary gift allowing the dean or department head to choose how best to use your gift is especially valuable and can help shape the future of our College.
- Spirit : Support the character-building education found at Texas A&M that teaches students how to lead others and to live ethically and positively.
Current Funding Priorities
- Faculty Chairs ($1,000,000+) : An award for a faculty member's sustained excellence in an academic field
- Professorship ($300,000+) : A long-term award for top professors
- Graduate Student Fellowship ($75,000+) : Academic award for outstanding graduate students
- Scholarship ($25,000+) : Support for students in a specific field of study designated by the donor
Gifts of Funding
Financial gifts to the College of Science can take many forms—few requiring a lump-sum check. You can pledge a current gift (to be funded within five years with cash, securities, or real estate) and use matching funds to multiply it. You may also plan a gift to be fully funded in the future through a variety of vehicles, such as a will or a trust. Invest in the spirit and mind of Texas A&M and make a lifetime difference for our school, communities, state, and country.
Methods of Giving
Our giving opportunities, as varied as your interests and abilities, generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Current : paid with a check, credit card, or electronic fund transfer; with securities; or with real estate
- After Lifetime : bequests, IRAs, life insurance, real estate, living trusts
- Dual Benefit : provide you and your loved ones with earnings, such as charitable gift annuities or trusts, real estate, and retained life estates
- Honorary & Memorial : allow you to recognize others through your giving
Regardless of the method in which you choose to support Texas A&M, we willl work with you to ensure that both you and the University benefit.
Gifts to the College of Science definitely are not limited to the financial. Don't forget that you can also make a lasting difference for the College as well as the people, programs, and professions it seeks to advance by volunteering equally valuable contributions of your time, ideas, inspiration, and example.
From Your Hometown
Got a great idea but need a little help making that dream a reality? Team up with the College of Science and introduce the world to your innovation in record time. Our researchers can help you fast-track the invention process through Texas A&M System Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC). On average, the OTC files a patent application every other day and executes one license agreement per week. In addition it ranks among the top 10 nationwide in the number of licenses executed annually with small businesses.
Recognizing our past
Want to refresh your skills and advance your career? From incoming freshmen to former students, the Texas A&M Career Center can help you explore employment possibilities and your own world-changing potential through science.
UPDATE MY INFORMATION!
Got news to share with 10,000 of your fellow College of Science former students or know someone who does? Send us an update.