The College of Science, a leader in attracting international faculty and students, is committed to promoting diversity particularly with regard to gender and minority issues.
- We are national leaders in both minority and female Ph.D. production.
- Three of our departments have been recognized with diversity awards.
- Our recent appointment of an associate dean for diversity further punctuates our commitment to encouraging a welcoming and supportive environment for all Aggies.
Scholarships & Fellowships
The College of Science offers a variety of scholarships to enhance diversity, from graduate diversity fellowships ($13,000 per year plus $5,000 per year toward graduate tuition and fees and a $7,000 departmental assistantship) to scholarships for deserving female researchers. Undergraduates may qualify for the Regents' Scholarship, an award designed to assist deserving first-generation college students from lower-income families. To learn more about these and other opportunities, contact the Office of Diversity.
Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)/Summer Scholars Programs
The College of Science annually hosts students for summer research experiences as well as an optional supplement, the Summer Scholars Program, that helps minority students build a community. For more information, contact the Office of Diversity.
In addition to internationally respected educational and research opportunities, the College of Science is proud to offer world-class family-friendly support to benefit our faculty, staff, students, and their families.
Helpful Campus Resources
- College of Science Diversity Committee
- Department of Multicultural Services
- Disability Services
- Educational Outreach & Women's Programs Office
- Faculty Networks
- Employee Services
- Office of the Dean of Faculties
- Office of VP and Associate Provost for Diversity
- Texas A&M Children's Center
- Women's Resource Center